We strive for the overall development of the child.
All of our classrooms use a curriculum and the PA Learning Standards. The curriculum at Schoolhouse Learning Center provides a wealth of creative activities to help children develop their minds and bodies in a safe and healthy environment. The PA learning Standards are research-based standards that are the key to supporting our curriculum. A strong academic foundation will enrich children with the skills necessary to succeed in every phase of their lives.
We provide a warm learning environment that is safe, healthy, and well organized. The classrooms are designed to promote learning and a harmonious environment is encouraged. The teachers prepare daily schedules, routines, and plans for individual children, small groups, and the entire class. This allows time for child-initiated and teacher-directed learning. Themed based lesson plans provide a variety of topics for your children to explore. Monthly calendars and newsletters are sent home to provide each family with a schedule of events. Your child’s teacher will encourage your child’s learning in literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts, and technology. Emphasis is placed on gaining an understanding of themselves and an appreciation of persons belonging to all social, cultural and ethnic groups.
We strive to develop partnerships with all our families to support children’s learning. Teachers take their time to discuss your child with you, during drop-off and pickup and during parent-teacher conferences. Families are provided with daily reports, a 45 day review and progress reports three times a year. Schoolhouse Learning Center has an open door policy. Families play a key role in achieving the well-being and healthy development of your child. It is important that families develop strong communication with their children’s teachers.
Health and Safety
Our goal is to ensure that every child in our care is in the safest environment possible. Upon entering our facilities there is a security system for guardians to gain access.
- Emergency contact forms are filled out by each family.
- Hand-washing is required upon entry into our facility and is practiced during diapering, bathroom, and meal routines.
- Children are taught to manage health practices independently.
- Professional janitorial services clean our facilities every evening.
- Staff are good role models for health practices.
- Care is always given to children’s appearances.
- First aid kits are accessible to teachers at all times.
- Families are responsible for bringing their children to the center in good health.
- Children who have been diagnosed with any illnesses are asked to notify the director immediately. We will then inform all of the families in our center so that they are made aware of any symptoms associated with that particular illness.
- Non-toxic play materials are provided.
- Staff take action to prevent safety problems and children are explained the reason for safety rules.
- Indoor and outdoor play areas are arranged to avoid safety problems.
FREE REGISTRATION at initial enrollment.
When submitting your completed enrollment packet to the center director, mention the code 'FREE REGISTRATION' and receive a one time credit for free registration. This offer is for new families only.
Note: Upon Availability.